Uninstall & reconnect the external hard drive. From the information you have provided, it seems that your external hard drive is not damaged and is in good condition. Quick Fix 1. Now, look for the drive below remote disk. Windows 7 Forums is the largest help and support community, providing friendly help and advice for Microsoft Windows 7 please suggest the appropriate solution to fix this If thereis another solution please to tell me, thanks. If not, save your files and restart your computer, then attempt to plug in the external hard Seagate Expansion External Hard Drive - Quick Start Guide, Installation, Troubleshooting Tips & Downloads. Detailed instructions: Recover Lost Data from External Hard Drive with Damaged/Wrong File System. Hello, My External USB Hard Drive do not shop up in Win 7 64bit, the day before every thing runs fine. I would try plugging it back in to the computer and right clicking on Computer (My Computer on WinXP) and selecting Manage. Restart your computer and try to connect your drive again; Thats about it, I hope at least one of these solutions helped you to solve the problem with USB 3.0 external hard drive. However, these external hard drives, which accepts pounds, do not accept Euros, and therefore do not accept Windows 7s currency. It sounds like it may be a hard drive that has gone bad. Thanks for the note but still I couldnt fix my hard drive. Change USB port to check Seagate external hard drive . 1. However, if you can connect your external drive to My Seagate 1TB Backup Plus Portable Drive isn't detected on my laptop even when I tried a different USB cable (this hard drive only uses USB cable, no power supply). It does not show up in Device Manager or under My Computer. Following the uninstall, unplug the USB cable. My Seagate external hardrive is suddenly not being detected by My PC after the anniversary update, although it is being shown in disk management as not For this, click on file and then click New Finder Window. Next, select Disk Drives from the list of hardware, right-click the USB external hard drive with the issue, and click Uninstall. Thanks for the advice, but the external hard drive does not have a separate power cable, it is usb 3.0 powered. I have files on a usb external drive that I want to transfer over to the computer. To do this, type Device Manager in the Start Search box click the icon. Read this post and find 6 different solutions to solve the 'external hard drive not recognized' issue. After a Thanks for the note but still I couldnt fix my hard drive. USB 3.0 hard drives are becoming more and more popular over the past few years. I have also tried different Then click on Disk Management. If thereis another solution please to tell me, thanks. So I'm in a fix now as your solution will not apply in While I was copying some files from my External Hard Drive to my computer, I accidentally unplugged my External Hard Drive. Sometimes, when you connect your external hard drive to computer, it is not shown as an external device in "My Computer". when i am connecting my external hdd its not getting detected even when the yellow light of the hdd is on. My Seagate 1TB Hard Drive can't be detected on my laptop. USB 3.0 External Hard Drive not recognized. 1. Your very first move is to change the USB port and connect not working Seagate external hard drive with another new USB port to checkout whether the problem exists. This guide shows what to do if the External Hard Drive if it is not showing up, detected, working or accessible even after plugging it to Windows 10 computer. Check hard drive driver is working or not: Right Click on My Computer select Manage now click on Device Manager. My hard drive is WD ( My Passport) when I plug it I am not able to open it and I have a message saying my hard drive is corrupted and I should format but it so hard for me to format I have too much data on it. Thanks for joining the chipset community. Easy steps to recover files from external hard drive not showing up. After upgrading to Windows 10, Seagate external hard drives is not compatible, detected, recognized or working, be it external drive like GoFlex or wireless I would try plugging it back in to the computer and right clicking on Computer (My Computer on WinXP) and selecting Manage. I First, recover important files from the external hard drive that is not detected by Windows. My external hard drive does not run automatically when plugged into my USB port on my computer. I understand you are experiencing problems with USB 3.0 external hard drive. Because of this, I am getting a new external hard drive that will speak to my two Windows 7 computers, but will keeps this has a back-up driver for my three XP-based computers. External Hard Drive Is Shown as Unknown Device in Disk Management. Some hard drives do require more power than provided by the actual computer. My hard drive is WD ( My Passport) when I plug it I am not able to open it and I have a message saying my hard drive is corrupted and I should format but it so hard for me to format I have too much data on it. 3 quick fixes to repair Seagate external hard drive not detected error. I have tried several different USB ports on more then 1 computer. Whilst just about to write up this question i came across this site >> http://www.pcw.co.uk/personal-computer-world/hardware/2163752/akasa-integral-p2 When I go into Device Manager, it shows a USB attached SCSI (UAS) Mass Storage Device Error. I believe that your external hard drive name is similar to your existing drive and thats why it is not appearing in your laptop. Then click on Disk Management. However, you may find that it is shown as an unknown device in "Disk Management". My Seagate 1TB Hard Drive can't be detected on my laptop. Simple fixes for inaccessible external hard drive. Step 1 First of all, look for the external hard drive in the finder window. This is a common problem, especially when connecting hard drives between M Second, reformat this drive with the newer NTFS file system or older FAT32 file system so Windows will be able to recognize it. When I go into Device Manager, it shows a USB attached SCSI (UAS) Mass Storage Device Error. This should show you Step 2 If the external drive is not there, make sure that USB cable is properly plugged in the external hard drive and the port. Mac or Windows computer not recognizing your external hard drive or flash drive? Quick Fix 2. This should show you It sounds like it may be a hard drive that has gone bad. ... My second external drive isnt detected Win 7 RC 64 bit freshly installed. I can not see the hard drive anywhere on the computer.